Events Made Easy Forums Tips Google Maps: Resolve "Location not found"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using the front-end submit plugin. When creating an event front-end my users must fill in a location. I’ve been struggling with an error “Location not found” with both longitude and latitude values 0, hence wrong location displayed on the map.

I just discovered that the error was due to my API. As of now, there are 4 geo-related APIs you can activate:
    Google Maps Geocoding API
    Google Maps Geolocation API
    Google Maps JavaScript API
    Google Places API Web Service

I activated 3 of them (not the Geolocation API) and now the front-end location submit works fine.

I’m fairly new to APIs, so it might be obvious to others who are more skilled and familiar with this. I didn’t find this information anywhere in the documentation which is why I posted it here.

URL to the Google Console – search for “geo” in APIs:
    https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/library?q=geo

Franky
    Keymaster

The only API that’s important here is ‘Google Maps JavaScript API’ I believe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

Thanks for a quick reply.

The error “Location not found” only occurred when submitting a location front-end (due to longitude and latitude values being 0). Submitting a location in the admin panel has been working the whole time. After enabling the Geocoding API in the Google Console, it works front-end, too. I don’t know if this is a general issue or just on my installation.

I haven’t been able to locate if it’s possible to let users edit an event front-end (in case they submit a wrong date and want to fix it afterwards). Can you clarify this?

Franky
    Keymaster

For editing you’d need to be logged in, and then you can just as well point them to the backend for editing. You can even assign rights to people …
    I have no intention of replicating all backend-functionality to a frontend form 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Tips’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top